Thursday, April 24, 2014
What Do Your Shoes Say About You?
Posted by Dänna at 2:48 PM No comments:
Thursday, April 17, 2014
10 Signs You Need a Dog
Grace Simms never imagined owning a dog until she was forced into adopting a long-haired Shepherd named "Sneaky". However, it didn't take long for her to realize what a difference "Sneaky" made in her life. Here are 10 signs you may need a dog too!
1) You live alone.
2) You tend to work overtime way too much.
3) You claim you want to exercise, but you just can't find the time.
4) You invite people over that you really don't like, just so you're not alone.
5) You have animals on your screensaver.
6) You have multiple locks on your doors.
7) You save your dinner scraps, knowing you'll never eat them.
8) You love to play Frisbee, but none of your friends do.
9) You talk to yourself.
10) You're self-absorbed, but have a lot of love to give.
Posted by Dänna at 5:31 PM No comments:
Thursday, April 10, 2014
What Item Signifies YOUR Success?
What item did YOU buy (or plan to purchase) to signify your success?
Posted by Dänna at 1:42 PM No comments:
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
What 6 Things Can Psychotherapy Teach You About Yourself?
While researching material for "The Red Chair", author Dänna Wilberg had to imagine what her protagonist and psychotherapist, Grace Simms, knew about therapy. What could Grace offer her clients? Creating sessions with a fictional therapist and fictional clients presented a challenge. However, figuratively speaking, being on both ends of the spectrum afforded the author insight to issues that could occur in real sessions. The author also learned that breathing life into a fictitious setting required certain communication skills. Let's say you're one of Grace's clients, what can you expect to learn from a therapy session? Ask yourself these 6 questions:
1. How do you communicate your needs to others?
2. Are you able to listen objectively to feedback when it pertains to your behavior?
3. What are you feeling?
4. How are you treating yourself?
5. What does happiness mean to you?
6. What are you willing to do to help yourself accomplish your goals?
Posted by Dänna at 2:25 PM 1 comment:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)